I’m hoping that with the numerous friends I have who are interested in writing, that someone will be participating in Script Frenzy 2008.
If you don’t know what it is, here is a short blurb:
Script Frenzy is an international writing event in which participants attempt the daring feat of writing 100 pages of scripted material in the month of April. As part of a donation-funded nonprofit, Script Frenzy charges no fee to participate; there are also no valuable prizes awarded or “best” scripts singled out. Every writer who completes the goal of 100 pages is victorious and awe-inspiring and will receive a handsome Script Frenzy Winner’s Certificate and web icon proclaiming this fact.
Even those who fall short of the word goal will be applauded for making a heroic attempt. Really, you have nothing to lose—except that nagging feeling that there’s a script inside you that may never get out.
The 5 Basic Rules of Script Frenzy
1) To be crowned an official Script Frenzy winner, you must write a script (or multiple scripts) of at least 100 total pages and verify this tally on ScriptFrenzy. org.
2) You may write individually or in teams of two. Writer teams will have a 100-page total goal for their co-written script or scripts.
3) Script writing may begin no earlier than 12:00:01 AM on April 1 and must cease no later than 11:59:59 PM on April 30, local time.
4) You may write screenplays, stage plays, TV shows, short films, comic book and graphic novel scripts, adaptations of novels, or any other type of script your heart desires.
5) You must, at some point, have ridiculous amounts of fun.
Last year I wrote a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. It was an amazing and inspiring accomplishment. Since I have a lot more experience writing scripts, this will hopefully be a lot easier, but still carry the same level of satisfaction upon completion.
If you’ve ever wanted to write a script, why not try it now? Take the time you waste in front of the TV or a computer and put it towards something productive. I can’t express what a rewarding experience it is to hold something heavy and papery in your hands that came straight from your imagination.
To all those participating, best of luck!
Add me! http://www. scriptfrenzy. org/eng/user/230394