26 times around on this piece of space debris and I’m still loving every minute of it. Thanks to all of my wonderful friends for making my birthday unforgettable.
Actor Nathan Fillion and producer Tim Minear’s newest baby has died shortly after birth. That’s right, FOX has decided to scrap drive after only 4 episodes. As a fan of this show and it’s intriguing premise I have to say what a piss poor decision by FOX. The curse of Fillion and Minear holds true. Look for the final episodes of Drive to air this May.
Bova turned me on to an interesting program by Channel 4 called The Great Global Warming Swindle. I was a bit skeptical going into it, but I’ll admit it has some very interesting points. Take an hour and check it out, it’ll make you reconsider the way your government utilizes money geared towards global warming and the science behind it.
Still no word on the fate of televisions best show, Veronica Mars. VM was the winner of E!’s Save One Show contest which will result in Kristin Veitch pleading with networks to spare it from the chopping block. However, its hard to ignore the fact that the show lost a millions viewers in February. That’s a tough pill for any network to swallow. Still, you’ve gotta admire the premium quality writing that goes into the show, the critical acclaim and the extremely loyal fan-base. Expect a decision on the fate of the show real soon. As soon as word hits, you’ll hear it from me first.
Veronica Mars returns May 1st with five all new episodes.
A lot of news flying around the net this week on projects in various forms of production. Here’s the rundown on what’s caught my eye this past week:
- The rumored title of the fourth Indiana Jones film is Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods.
- Los Angeles has been confirmed as a filming location. Other locations are being kept under wraps.
- Shia LaBeouf’s role in the fourth Indiana Jones film has been confirmed by his publicist.
- John Rhys-Davies will NOT reprise his role of Sallah in the fourth film, neither will Denholm Elliot (Marcus) due to the fact that he died some time ago. Karen Allen is rumored to make an appearance. Sean Connery has NOT yet been confirmed.
- Veronica Mars still sits in limbo, returning May 1st to finish off it’s third season with five standalone episodes.
- Filming is underway in Chicago for the next Batman film titled The Dark Knight.
- Principal filming will move to London at the end of the month and will resume in Chicago from June to September. The film currently has a 2008 release date.
- Heath Ledger will be playing the role of the Joker. Nolan is returning to direct and Bale (hands down the best Bruce Wayne/Batman ever) will pick up the batsuit once again.
- Katie Holmes will not be reprissing her role as Rachel.
- It has been rumored that Sarah Michelle Gellar will be playing the role of Harley Quinn.
- A fourth Bourne film is currently in the works entitled The Bourne Legacy.
As more information develops I hope to follow these stories up. Check back.
The end of the semester and my collegiate career is ticking down. This semester has been tough as hell. Not sure if I’m still beat from last semester or what, but its been a struggle. The next few weeks will be all about the research papers. Here’s what I’ve got lined up for research.
Magic in Antiquity
What’s due: 5-7 page basic research paper. High score needed.
African American Archaeology
Topic: African American Life in Watertown, NY: A Study of James Anderson and Family.
What’s due: 14-20 page paper researching one African American family from a city or town in NNY. This individuals role in the community will be explored in depth using census information and other primary and secondary sources.
Cross Cultural Approaches to Art
Topic: Dialogue in Art
What’s due: A 10-12 page paper exploring dialogue generated by art and how it assists anthropologists in the study of human culture.
Not as bad as last semester, but still a challenge. I’m sure over the next few weeks I’ll have plenty of stuff for you to read.
More soon, I promise.